So the first thing i’ve tried is to see how easy it is to get my OSCLib stuff working. There isnt a lot to the actual library itself as most of the hard work is handled by Apache Mina. I started a new Android project in eclipse and just tried to send a simple OSC message to a test server on my local machine. It didnt work, the dalvik VM told me I had a verify error. I eventually narrowed this down to the SLF4J library. At this stage I had no clue about how to fix it so back to google to see if someone else had done the hardwork.
I found this thread where Thorsten Möller says he actually has a version of slf4j but its not on the main site yet, just in his git repo. So after a clone of that and a run of maven I had a shiny new slf4j-android.jar which I’ve upload to my site here.
I added that jar to the dependencies of my OscAndroDemo test project and it worked. Easy.
All the source is available from the OSCLib assembla project. The main library is in /trunk/java, its an eclipse project and in there you can run the OSCServer class for testing. It’ll spit out some info to stdout when it receives a message. The android project is in /trunk/android/AndrOscDemo which you can check out from SVN directly into eclipse.
The demo just connects to 10.0.2.2:10000 and sends a single message. The next stage is to try and do some interesting stuff with the various sensors like the accelerometer and see if any issues arrive once I start sending lots of messages.