Jan 15 2008

Reaktor Sample Map Generator

Category: Development,Other PlacesMartin @ 6:10 pm

Reaktor is great, but one thing that i dont like about it is the built in sample management, you have to create these ‘sample maps’ to use your own samples but the UI for it is a bit rubbish, like an awful version of kontakt. so i built a tool to generate map files automatically.

UPDATED
I’ve built a new version in Java which is tested and working on both Windows and OSX. You can download the app here.

I’ll put the source up soon when I get a spare minute.

comments, suggestions, modifications are all welcome.

UPDATE 2
If you are wondering how to run a .jar file then you will need to first download and install java then you should then be able to just double-click the .jar file. If for some reason that doesnt work you can ‘Open With…’ and then find where java is installed, somewhere like : C:/Program Files/Java/jre1.6.0_07/bin and choose the ‘javaw.exe’ program.

Tags: , ,

32 Responses to “Reaktor Sample Map Generator”

1. necho says:

cool! works nicely and saves time… thanks!

2. ouzoman says:

Congrats – this is fantastic tool!

3. steve says:

I like this….if i click on a sample folder ie….”samba” and use it for both the map directory and sample directory it works great using 60 as the default. If I want loops it takes longer and I haven’t yet determined how long. Interestingly, if I open the “samba” file for both map and samples it doesn’t work at all.

Thanks for this as it helps in the mapping process which is painstakenly slow.

Steve

4. Martin says:

If you choose the loop option it can take a lot longer because it has to open every file and see how many sample frames are in it.

I’ll add some kind of progress feedback so you can see whats going on. Also i’ll take a look at the problem of using the same directory for both maps and samples.

What platform are you on?

5. SenorFrio says:

Great app… Thanks! This will save me tons of time! Please post the source code.

6. Breen says:

Hi, can you please explain exactly how to use this app? Theres no obvious way to launch it and ive never used Java before. Im on windows btw

Thanks.

7. Mark says:

This is great Martin! Nice one. Cheers.

8. TechLo says:

Nifty, thanks!

9. David says:

Hi, can I get a little more info on how to launch the app?
    Thanks

10. le K says:

god damn it, dream come true!!

11. dsic says:

very handy and beats the reaktor interface, thanks!

12. James Nicholl says:

Hi, I was wondering how to do this myself!

I have 700 samples I need to load into a map, but I need them mapped to individual velocities.

If you could post or email me the source code I would appreciate it greatly, I have some experience with Java.

Or, if you could link me to the Reaktor map specification that would be great too!

Thanks!

13. James Nicholl says:

Also, the directory navigation GUI under Linux appears to be problematic. I couldn’t open the directories by clicking on them, but manually entering the path worked fine.

14. Kimmo says:

Hi. It works well but theres small thing. Why root to just 60? Or is there a bug. I cound not add more than 60 samples (Intel Mac OS X Tiger) with root 60.
    I could be happy with option to get mor samples there with same root, whatever root.

15. dov says:

Wow, just discovered this freat tool after many years painstakingly inputting individual samples into maps in various reaktor sequencer. Takes to bore out of boring! Thanks

16. Oleg POliakov says:

Incredible ! thxx

17. Will says:

Ive set a map directory and audio folder, but clicking generate map doesnt do anything. Should I be expecting any sample interface to open?

18. Mark says:

I love you for that !!!!!!!!!

19. yann says:

wish it could root to 127 samples would be easier for me :)
    can you maybe fix this ;) ???
    or tell us how to do this ?

20. yann says:

sorry but my little problem with this is i have many maps with more than 127 samples
    but when i use this app it only uses the first 127 samples what about the rest of the samples what i wanted to ask if they would be more than 127 samples can u fix that it renames the file to ex. rootmap1.maps than rootmap1-2.map for the next 127 samples or so and so on if there are more :p
    hope u still read this blog thnx in advance :)

• Martin says:

The reason there are 127 per map is because that is the limit for a sample map. well, im pretty sure that is the case, have you made a map with more ?

21. Cache says:

This is a great piece of gear. Just wanted to say thank you very sincerely for this – NI should have offered this years ago. I’m excited about the time/effort saving this will give! All the best, Cache.

22. Bin Laden's Dead says:

Thank you .You have saved me sooo much time and effort. My productions are moving along smoother and my flow is smoother thanks to Reaktor Sample Map Generator.

23. Paul says:

Great tool thanks reaktor is way cool

24. 'How To Make A Simple Reaktor Sampler' Tutorial says:

[...] Reaktor sample map generator – Download here Related content: Intro to Skanner for [...]

25. Brent Kallmer says:

Thanks so much for creating this—huge time-saver!

26. elipsis1 says:

Wow, this is great, thank you SO MUCH for sharing this with us. I found my way here via Twisted Tools. :)

27. REAKTOR Sample Map Generation: Once Difficult, Now Easy | Bluewater VST says:

[...] (and addictive), but creating sample maps inside REAKTOR can be a real chore. That’s why this Sample Map Generator is such a godsend. Here’s how to use [...]

28. Isk says:

Thanks a lot! A very useful aplication!

29. Zak says:

Thanks you so much for this tool. Excellent!!

30. Paul says:

THANKS A LOT! I have to say it again: THANK YOU! This is so great!

31. The Hidden Power of REAKTOR's Massive Drum Sampler | Bluewater VSTBluewater VST says:

[...] Twisted Tools’ METAMORPH, with its high-res electroacoustic samples is perfect for this purpose (it even includes REAKTOR sample maps for each category). And if you’d like to assemble your own maps for this purpose, make sure to use the REAKTOR Sample Map Generator (it’s available here). [...]